The role will be located in our head office in Purfleet, working within a team handling all matters relating to Shore Excursions world-wide for Cruise & Maritime Voyages and our German Cruise Line TransOcean Kreuzfahrten.
- Ideally experience within the cruise industry and in a shore excursion management contracting role.
- Extensive knowledge of worldwide cruise destinations and places of historical / cultural interest
- Good research skills with a strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage a heavy workload to tight deadlines.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within the organisation and with local suppliers.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- German language – Fluent (Read/write/speak) is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
By Ship Responsibilities & Tasks, but not limited to:
- To be the main point of contact and liaison with the appointed excursion team on each vessel.
- To prepare ship cruise planners by deadlines.
- Once ship cruise planners are finalised, to advise Shore Excursion Executive to prepare prereg forms and on line cruise planners and to then check and authorise these prior to going live.
- To review shore excursion sales and waitlists regularly and advise the Shore Excursion Executive of action required.
- To check and finalise cruise planners including berths and shuttles prior to pre-cruise documentation dates.
- To maintain frequent communication with the Shorex Manager and Shore Excursion Agents during the course of each cruise and in the event of late minute alterations to the published itinerary or excursion programme, assist and agree shore excursion amendments where necessary, in liaison with HOD.
- To check all End of Cruise documentation received is correct and follows processes in place.
- To file EOC in line with processes and requirements.
- To update all YTD and budget files where appropriate.
- To liaise and advise Accounts of fully accounted and completed cruises.
- To review and reconcile incoming invoices from Shorex Agents.
- To review and revert on any post-cruise guest complaints or queries for the assigned ships.
- To monitor the working processes of the on board excursion teams and ensure they are followed.
- To keep an inventory check of stationary stocks on board and ensure distribution when required, advising HOD of low stocks in a timely manner in order for these to be replenished.
Following a probationary period, a basic guideline salary of £30,000 per annum, commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually in December.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs. This role will be office based in our Purfleet office.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Excellent training opportunities, including the chance to cruise.
- Free on-Site Parking
- State of the art offices
- Travel discounts on selected products and services
CMV is a progressive company who encourage organic career development and enjoy a low turnover of staff. This position offers a good career opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join a largely noncorporate, medium sized and privately owned organisation. Unlike many other UK based cruise operators, CMV’s UK office is not just a sales operation but a fully-fledged and ‘hands on’ cruise line closely aligned to both the product and customer.
CMV also have established sales offices in Australia, USA, Germany and Mexico. In addition to the core cruising business, the Company also have other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These include a long established coach wholesaling business, a high street travel agency and business travel house with an overall shore side team of 25 staff. This is an exciting time to join CMV as we enter into a rapid growth plan. We have just announced that we will be acquiring another new vessel to the CMV fleet joining our fleet in 2019.