The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. We think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. From our offices in Maastricht in the Netherlands, we provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance. Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans during our opening hours. For our customers we are an important connection to the Mercedes-Benz brand. That’s why we live the brand’s most important promise: “The best or nothing”.
The Operations Manager acts within a high level Critical Parts management Department. (S)He reports directly to the Manager Critical Parts Management and her/his field of responsibility covers the supportive functions for various stakeholders within and outside the Daimler AG organization in a multilingual and multicultural environment. With a cross-functional set up, the OM does not only cover his own field of business, but also other OMs during absences. The goal of the Operations Manager is to maximize and maintain the performance of the team and to ensure business continuity at all times.
Task & Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective, qualitative and quantitative staffing in accordance with the budget
- Responsibly steer and manage team and be able to make decisions in own business area
- Conduct performance reviews and regular coaching and training sessions with the team to implement a culture of collaboration, co-learning and continuous development of employees within the own team in line with MB CAC/GLC policies and guidelines
- Lead and inspire team to deliver highly qualitative and self-accountable performance and instill customer orientation
- Actively drive the creation and update of content in all knowledge management resources. Actively signal and indicate to colleagues and business partners to improve processes, tools and systems
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to contribute to overall business objectives as well as support administrative requirements
- Act independently of managerial direction in pursuing advanced solutions, document and develop ideas for improvement. Establish good network and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure and steer quality standards, KPI’s and constant high performance sustainability to ensure Best Quality of Service and Best Customer Experience
- Be the point of contact for escalated topics from (Top )management and/or Business Partners and manage communication
- Apply own expertise to effect operational excellence and team objectives to own area of business. Actively improve own expertise
- Build strong relationships with GLC / business partners worldwide and manage mutual expectations professionally
- Demonstrate out of the box thinking and initiate proper actions when the situation requires a drastic measure
- Set and follow clear KPI’s to ensure business objectives
- Identify and roll out efficient process and ensure business continuity at all times
- A methodological and LEAN approach to problem solving (IF/NOT/THEN/WHEN/etc)
- Pro-actively steer root cause analysis and provide problem insight to specialist staff and relevant colleagues and know when and where to escalate if needed
- Able to support, initiate and also autonomously lead Projects
- Goal oriented Stakeholder Management
- Show ownership, be aware of deadlines and track and manage accordingly. Communicate and follow up on milestones and adjustments if necessary to safeguard project objectives
- Higher vocational education
- Fluent level in English, Germna and preferably an addition CAC language, written and spoken
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Experience as a team leader is an advantage
- Highly professional and consistent communication skills
- Experience to manage and communicate on all levels, internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to coach and train employees
- Ability to manage complexity under high pressure and stress
- Strategic and progressive thinking and accountability when handling challenges
- Advance skills prefered in project management
- Entrepreneurial approach and good business acumen
- Strongly oriented to Customer’s Satisfaction
- Willingness to travel
You have the opportunity to work in a growing international company in a young, ambitious, professional and dynamic environment.
A comprehensive relocation package is applicable for candidates living further than km from the CAC and willing to relocate to within 20 km of the CAC
Collective health insurance at discounted rates, self-development opportunities, result-oriented bonus (variable payment) and non-contributory pension are just some of the secondary benefits.
Please use the “Bewerben” button to upload your CV and Letter of Motivation in English and any other documentation that adds value to your application.