Network Support Engineer – German speaking (€30.000 – €50.000)
Provide high quality Technical Support for our client’s products, to customers, partners and other engineers. Support is provided primarily via incoming telephone calls and email support.
As a Network Technical Support Engineer, you will assist our partners and customers to solve problems and answer questions. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating a uniquely positive support experience and showing our partners and customers how much we care about them.
- Record all activity in the department’s call logging system, updating cases within SLAs, so that progress can be tracked with each customer’s incident, viewed via the customer portal, and reports generated for high profile customers
- Use and create knowledgebase articles in line with departmental best practice based on new product information, support incidents, and/or common or critical issues
- Having a strong customer service focus with the commitment to excellence and desire to delight customers
- Being a customer ambassador who is passionate about creating a positive customer experience
- Solving problems and delivering an experience so profound that customers love using our products and services and actively recommend them to others
- Research incidents by replicating customer’s issues within a test environment.
- Escalate incidents by collaborating with the Global Escalations Support team and other departments.
- Perform technical training and presentations of software and processes to other staff.
- Ensuring customers have the tools and knowledge they need to run their business
- Learning and utilizing specific software tools and problem-solving strategies to solve for customer issues and continuously improve our processes
- Creating online help content (articles, community posts, etc.) to document previously unknown solutions and help a large group of customers
- Actively contributing to the development of new or changed processes and procedures
- Having the ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
Skill & Experience
- Telephone skills – ability to handle telephone calls
- Customer service – ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Networking related certification, e.g. CCNA, Networking +
- Research and Analysis
- Fluent in German both written and verbal
- Computer Skills – Setting up, upgrading, trouble shooting, installation and Configuration
- Clear written skills
- Ability to prioritise within a high workload
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Experience of supporting customers over the phone within an IT environment
- Experience in handling customer cases via email systems.
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems. MCITP certification is an asset
- Experience of configuration and troubleshooting Mail based systems (MTA/MUA) and general networking.
- Experience writing knowledge base articles for internal publication
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Linux based networking appliances
- Experience with security solutions (Anti-Malware, Mobile, Email, Web and Encryption standards)
- Experience in configuration of Firewalls switches and routers
- Troubleshooting using Wire shark or similar for packet analysis
- Experience in troubleshooting protocols like HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SMB, DNS and DHCP
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent work experience
- CCNA and/or CompTIA Network+
The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Salary range: €30.000 – €50.000 (depending on experience)
Working conditions are very good and include:
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free beverages, fruit and pastries
Additional information will be made available on application. Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so by clicking on the „Bewerben-button“!
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.