Storytel is Northern Europe's largest audiobook service. We offer tens of thousands of audiobooks and ebooks in 16 countries with several new markets launching within the coming year. More than 800 000 subscribers worldwide use Storytel to inspire and entertain.
Storytel recently acquired the company Ztory, a Swedish magazine subscription service, and are now setting up a completely new team to focus on this new addition to the Storytel platform. For this we will be needing experienced Ruby (and Rails) developers to work alongside the core teams, both on building features that empower people to read more magazines, but also on coming up with smart solutions and ways of connecting the two platforms and create a smooth experience for customers who wants to enjoy both audiobooks and magazines. We promise a lot of fun challenges ahead and a lot of smart, friendly and fun colleagues who are eager to welcome you onboard!
We have our office in the heart of Karlstad at Västra Torggatan 19. We also have offices in Stockholm, Umeå, Lund and Copenhagen!
You will have colleagues from all over the world who you will make you feel welcome and give you their tips about Sweden and how to acclimate the best.
Expected experience and skills
- At least 3 years of experience with tested (TDD or similar) Rails development with superior skills in building performant APIs/back-ends
- A great understanding of object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- 1+ years experience of development in agile companies/projects
- Experience working with cloud computing (AWS/EC2 or similar)
- You communicate very well both verbally and in text (English)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Git and GitHub Flow
- Experience with modern web development pipelines - Webpack or similar
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Service-based architectures
- Google Cloud Platform
- Messaging frameworks - Google Cloud Pubsub, Kafka or similar
- NoSQL databases - Google Cloud Datastore, Redis or similar
- Unix/Linux - Debian/Ubuntu, macOS or similar
What we offer you
- Experienced co-workers in an open, welcoming, and professionally diverse environment
- Your own yearly budget for knowledge activities
- An internationally distributed development team with travel opportunities
- The chance to work with some of the newest technologies on interesting problems related to growth and scale
- A company full of book- and magazine-lovers who love to share that passion
- We will provide administrative support and guidance in your search for accommodation
If you feel like Storytel is a place where you could thrive, let us know and we will contact you as soon as possible. If you have some code or contributions attached to your GitHub account, please link them in your application.