Community Support Representative – German speaking
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) – GERMAN FLUENT SPEAKER
At Uber, providing amazing support that establishes trust for riders, driver, couriers, eaters and restaurants—our community—is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way.
Community Support Representatives are all about helping and educating both riders, drivers and restaurant partners. We help people resolve their issues and turn unhappy users into our strongest evangelists. The right candidate is always looking for unique and exciting ways to solve problems with exceptional support and exceptional communication, ensuring that problems are resolved promptly while developing trustworthy relationships with our community.
Who you are
- Incredibly empathetic and understanding of users alike. You will be a powerful advocate for Uber’s users and are obsessed with the community experience.
- Cool and calm under pressure. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Word-savvy. You’re eloquent and able to strike the perfect tone, whether you’re explaining a new policy to riders or drivers, explaining the importance of certain complicated metrics, or responding to support issues over email.
- Passionate. You love Uber. You are driven by helping others and being on the front-lines of a highly visible, fast-growing brand.
- Agile. You can move quickly with care. You embrace change and can absorb new information with ease.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver high-quality service across multiple support platforms (email, chat, phone).
- Be a passionate advocate for users while answering any questions that come your way.
- Show empathy to frustrated users while solving problems and addressing unsatisfactory experiences.
- Build loyalty among new users and get our early adopters to fall in love with Uber all over again.
- Triage issues and escalate them when necessary.
What You’ll Need
- Fluent in German
- Good knowledge of English (written and
- Currently living in Lisbon or willing to move
- High proficiency using computers (typing, quickly navigating between various tools)
- Exceptional reading comprehension and writing skills. Must be able to connect what users are asking for with answers to their true issues.
- Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that exceed users’ expectations.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions.
- Skilled at handling multiple issues at once to efficiently solve a large number of inquiries.
- Must work well in a team environment, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users.
- Work time will be shift based totalling 40 hours per week.
- Weekend and weekly evening shifts are required.
- Night shifts may be required in the future
- You’re an Uber evangelist — you care deeply about the product and getting others excited to use Uber
Bonus Points If
- Bachelor’s degree or college experience preferred but not mandatory
- Support experience in a high-volume environment, including service industries, retail, hospitality or other support environments prefered but not mandatory