Accountant – Accounts Receivable with German
Who we are
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
You would join our new international team which supports German speaking countries. Cash Applications in Bratislava Business Centre directly impacts the financial result of a company, influencing cash flow, trade working capital and, like all of our roles, customer satisfaction. This team works to ensure that incoming payments from customers are allocated to the correct customer invoices in a timely manner to minimise account discrepancies through research and query resolution.
How you will do it
- Daily allocation of incoming payments
- Comparison of payment details with open receivables booked on customer account
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Processing of manual journal entries according to Cash application policies
- Follow up on the issues related to cash application
- Proactive approach in resolution of unapplied cash
- Month End Close activities
- Reconciliation of AR related accounts
- Prepayments tracking and follow up
- Preparing of ad hoc reports, status updates
- Active communication with internal customers and business units in order to ensure smooth process of cash application
What we look for
- English on advanced level, German on intermediate level or superior
- Degree in business administration or adequate professional experience focusing on Finance/Accounting
- 0-3 years working experience in Finance/Accounting
- Accounting background and accuracy
- Pro-active attitude
- MS-Office user knowledge
- Experience in ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle, iScala) is an advantage
Besides a very pleasant and international work environment Johnson Controls offers various opportunities for future growth, a competitive salary, 13th salary, fully covered meal vouchers, monthly free workplace massage, winter vitamin package, language courses, onsite FIT days and a flexible benefit allowance so you can choose to tailor the rest of the benefits to suit your individual needs.
You will be based in our newly opened offices in the vibrant city center close to the river and Eurovea shopping center. The onsite facilities include a fitness center, coffee machines, canteen and nursery.
We offer flexible working hours with possibility of few days of home office per month.
If you are relocating to Bratislava to join JCI you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you get your new life set up! You will receive 250 EUR gross extra every month for the first year of working with us and 125 EUR gross per month for the second year.