adidas Shared Services in Porto delivers high quality services for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Retail Accounting, eCommerce Accounting and other Finance processes for adidas companies located in Europe and Americas.
However, our success journey continues and we will now integrate several additional Teams in Porto. We are creators in our fields, thinking strategically about how digital tools can make reporting more transparent and targets more controllable. If you see yourself as a coach, playmaker, planner and problem solver, we invite you to be a part of our team.
The Credit Specialist is responsible for performing daily activities such as Dunning and Collection, Dispute management and Credit Management. Her or his goal will be to deliver all activities on timely manner and with the required quality. He or she will be supporting projects, including process standardisation related as well as tools implementation ones.
- Secure timely collection of receivables by working closely with the customer and other finance teams and resolving the causes of non-payment
- Drive timely collection by following up on overdue invoices with customers, collection agencies and end consumers
- Manage customer relationship, which includes problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Assess & review the credit risk on the customer on regular basis, calculate and suggest the required credit limits
- Decide on the release of the blocked orders and ensure timely release
- Provide insight in the development of the accounts receivable position of the customer to sales and finance teams
- Manage the relationship with customer service and other stakeholders in the business
- Identify the improvement opportunities and support their implementation
- Ensure the lowest possible write off for uncollectable balances
- Provide insight into the calculation of the required provision for uncollectable balances
- Support ongoing projects for the implementation of technology solutions
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English and German in a business setting is mandatory
- Experience with SAP is an advantage
- Experience in a Shared Service environment is an advantage
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and high degree of customer orientation
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual
- Availability to travel for periods of 3 to 4 weeks
- 2 to 4 years relevant work experience in the accounting / business area
- Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Economics or related areas
Please send your application and motivation letter in English through the "Bewerben"-button.