German speaking Account Manager
Would you like to work for the leading inspirational travel platform and help to build out our success in Germany? We can offer you an amazing experience and heaps of opportunities to learn and develop!
Become part of our team
At TravelBird we believe that every day presents an opportunity to contribute to our continuous pursuit of delighting our travellers with enticing holiday offers and shaping the future of travel. We constantly search for and seize opportunities by taking initiative and looking outward for innovative ways to improve. In our dynamic yet focussed organisation we challenge our people to learn and develop every day. Having an open and transparent atmosphere, collaboration is key. Here, we learn from each other and value trust over hierarchy. Our success is based on diverse teams of inspirational people who are not afraid of challenges. We hire these talented pioneers from all over and value the international environment this creates. It’s not just a job, it’s an experience you will love to wake up to every day.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hunting down great travel deals for our customers within your country. You are constantly aiming for the best results and having the best deals online at the right moment. Together with your partners you are creating inspiring exclusive packages in order to surprise our customers.
- Identifying and prospecting new hot leads so TravelBird can promote the most unique
and diverse deals;
- Negotiating the best rates, commission percentages and added extras to maximise your
- Contracting new leisure providers – from individual hotels to tour operators;
- Establishing, developing, maintaining and expanding client portfolios;
- Visiting clients in your region in order to establish long term relationships;
Monitor TravelBird’s competitors on a daily basis to ensure that you are one step ahead
in deal structure, price points and locations;
- Handling the whole process from A-Z including administrative tasks.
Who you are
- Bachelor degree in Business Studies, Economics and/or Marketing;
- 1 to 3 years sales experience;
- A business passion for closing deals and traveling;
- A persuasive individual who influences those he/she meets with;
- A genius in creating new business opportunities;
- A natural sales person who constantly follows up on leads;
- Able to work with deadlines and result driven;
- A positive attitude and strong mind-set;
- Eagerness to learn something new every day;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Native level German speaker;
- Creative, enthusiastic, flexible;
- Live in (or around) the beautiful and vibrant city Amsterdam.
- Your job is one big adventure with new challenges every day;
- You will work with the most inspiring colleagues within the industry;
- Freedom and responsibility are at the core of our company culture;
- ‘Birdie’ Bootcamp in the famous Vondelpark;
- Vibrant and international office with a view on the historic canals of Amsterdam;
- Healthy lunch, daily fresh smoothies and our very own barista for delicious coffee;
- Employee discount on TravelBird offers;
- Monthly company drinks;
- A MacBook Pro (lease-lend)
Up for it?
So, do you want to fly with us to grand achievements and success? Apply now! Get our attention by sending us an original and motivating cover letter and your CV.
Or even better.. Send us your CV together with a link to your short 1 minute video pitch!
At TravelBird we give you the opportunity to send us a video pitch. A video pitch helps you to express your motivations for the position of Account Manager, set yourself apart from other candidates, and allows us to gain insight into your personality and gauge if you are the right ‘fit’ for TravelBird.
If you choose to prepare a video, you will need to post it on YouTube and allow us access by providing a private link to it on your application. There are no technical specifications and most applicants film their video pitch on a camera phone, tablet or webcam. We do not provide any strict guidelines about the content or format of the video, and you should feel free to present yourself in the style in which you are most comfortable. Make sure the duration of the video is 1 minute max!
Click on ‘Bewerben’ and convince us of your skills! For questions regarding your application you can call Zoë at +31 (0)20-3080083.