Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 9.5 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews – komoot is on its way to become one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps out there. Happiness and satisfaction of our users have always been central to our mission. The summer is coming and this means peak season for us. To assist our users with questions, technical problems and to help them get the most out of the product, we are looking for an outstanding Customer Support Manager to join our team. This is an opening for a fixed term contract role for 6 months with possibility of extension.
Your key responsibilities
- Support our users via email as well as answer their questions on all channels (tickets, forums, Twitter, Facebook, App Store reviews).
- Understand what users want, organize their ideas and summarize the latest information for product development.
- Work with developers and QA to find and solve critical bugs in the wild.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with outdoor fans and help them to have great experiences.
- You’ll be the voice and the ear for our users and have a big impact on our community.
- You’ll play a key role and have true impact in our international team of designers, copywriters, app, backend and product experts.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, a co-working space of your choice, our headquarters in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Every day your work will inspire people to discover more of the great outdoors.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have outstanding communication skills in German & English (C1-2), any other languages are welcomed (Dutch, French, Italian or Spanish) .
- Have 1+ years experience working in online or tech support and you love it. You know how to identify and report bugs and you are able to break down technically complex problems to simple explanations.
- Are a tech savvy person that has used komoot previously. You learn quickly, understand how mobile apps work (terms like APK mean something to you) and you enjoy deep diving into technical issues and resolving them.
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, well- organized and able to handle several tasks at the same time.
- You are positive and curious about our users’ needs and keen to improve their experience.
- Are available to work on weekends.
- Have a passion for outdoor sports, apps and technology.
Sounds like you? Send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write up explaining why you’re interested in working at komoot.
- Feel free to tell us a little about yourself and show us your interests via your blog, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr or your website.
- Bonus points for: Doing something creative with komoot (We love people who go the extra mile).
We look forward to your application!