You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
Role & Responsibilities:
Meaningful, rewarding work performed with integrity
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Deliver world-class customer service, whilst responding to Customers inquiries and problems on inbound, outbound calls and emails
- Support customers through the application journey as well as processing and analysing the applications
- Complete Anti money laundering and risk verifications on card applications
- Build meaningful relationships with our Customers by offering custom solutions and to negotiate a positive outcome for the Customer and American Express
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Navigate a computerized data entry system or other relevant applications
- Uphold the Data Protection and Privacy Act for our Customers
- Update systems accurately and efficiently
- Re-prioritize to adapt to the ever-changing environment
- Location: Madrid, Spain. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we will work with you to ship equipment to your home address and conduct a new hire orientation virtually. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building.
- Workplace Flexibility: Our operating hours are 9 am to 8 pm CET and have 2 shifts across the day– temporarily some shifts may be worked remotely.
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives.
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- At American Express discretion this position may be work from home and ajusted back to „in office“ at any time.
Unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
- Highly fluent in German with strong verbal and written communication skills especially in a business context. Additionally, basic English or Spanish would be desirable.
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Display a passion to serve by delivering outstanding service in every interaction with our Customers
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as multitask and re-prioritize on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Assertiveness to handle difficult conversations
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and resourcefulness skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Navigate multiple systems and digital tools to service our Customers
- Confidence to work in a virtual environment
- Proven ability to deliver a high productivity and quality work under minimum supervision
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España – Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The same way we treat our colleagues is how we treat all applicants – with respect. American Express is an equal opportunity employer. We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at American Express.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Please make sure your application and CV are submitted in English or Spanish.